1. The Maxi Cosi Pria 70 car seat (with or without tiny fit system) This car seat has been a lifesaver for us. Everleigh used to scream in the car…nonstop. She had one of those little infant bucket seats and never seemed very comfortable. She always breathed a little funny and just seemed bent up in it. We decided to get one of these with the tiny fit system in it and we’ve been in love ever since. This seat can literally be used from 5 lbs to 70 lbs. The tiny fit system pops right out when you are ready to use the regular seat and from there you just raise the straps and headrest and adjust the buckle. It has a high rear facing weight of 40 lbs, which I love because I want to keep Ev rear facing as long as possible. It’s also free of fire retardants, which is hard to find in a car seat. Everleigh loves it, we love it and our car rides are happy and fun.
2. Kids Fold Out Couch We got this one at Babies R Us and we love it! When I want Everleigh to sit down and eat a snack or watch a movie with us, she often wants to still be independent and this really helps. I don’t have any idea if there are fire retardants or anything on it, but you win some you lose some.
3. Green Eats Divided Plates These are really great for giving your toddler a variety of foods to choose from and they’re made of food-safe recycled materials. You can get them here.
4. Tovolo Popsicle Molds These are great! Especially if Everleigh’s teething. I just pop some applesauce or some juice into them and freeze them overnight. The next day she has some to suck on whenever her mouth is bugging her. You can get them here.
5. Baby Bee When I had Everleigh I didn’t really know that much about natural bath & body products and just figured that any baby product would be made for sensitive skin (logic, right?). I came across an article about how Johnson & Johnson had cancer causing chemicals as its main ingredients and I warily peeked over at my bath tub ledge lined with baby wash, bubble bath and lotion…all J&J. I didn’t switch right away, but as I have started weeding out my cabinets I switched her to these products. They’re not the most natural, but have a very low hazard rating on EWG’s Skin Deep. They are a little pricey, but no as bad as California Baby (which are also great products).
6. Coconut Oil (AKA the cure for everything) This is the best baby product you could ever buy. We get ours at Costco. It’s cheap and lasts for a long time. I use it for Everleigh’s lotion, butt rash cream, dry skin, dandruff, irritated skin ect ect ect. Not to mention I cook with it, oil pull, use it as my own lotion, heaedl my eczema and on an on and on. Seriously. Coconut oil is a cure all.
7. Booster Seat We had a regular high chair before a friend gave us one of these for free. Let me just say…don’t waste your time! We love being able to really sit down at the table and have dinner with Everleigh. She’s right there with us and it feels like a real family meal. Plus the cleanup is a lot easier.
8. Playskool Glow Worm This thing is pretty creepy, but Ev loves it! She pushes it while she falls asleep to see it light up and play songs. Definitely helps her focus on getting to sleep instead of using the crib as a trampoline. We got ours at Walmart.
9. On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman I just got this for Everleigh on Valentine’s Day and it is so super sweet! I read it to her every night and she always gives me this sweet look like the words just make her feel loved. It’s definitely a good bedtime bonding story.
10. Nuby Sippy Cups
Sippy cups are a touchy subject when it comes to little ones. You go through about 25 brands before you figure out which one they won’t throw to the floor during meal times. We finally settled one these. They’re easy for her to grip, the don’t make her choke but they aren’t too hard to get water or milk out of and they’re soft tip doesn’t make me worry about chipped teeth. Oh…and BPA free! We get ours at Target.
So there you have it. Those are my top 10 products for toddlers (or at least my toddler). If have any questions about any other products I use for Everleigh, just let me know in the comments below!